Stock Photo Gallery

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Windmills in Consuegras, Toledo, Spain.

This is quite a cool place in the hearth of Spain, Castilla la Mancha, the land of Don Quijote. In Consuegras there are 12 pretty well preserved windmill dating back to the half end of the XVI century. One of them can also be visited inside, I have images of that too, I might post them soon.

As usual the sun in the image is a must go for me, I love to play with such strong contrast that adds a dramatic touch to the whole image. I think that the little girl standing in the middle of the two windmills is quite a fortunate coincidence. I had to lift the foreground a bit in Lightroom, in fact even though I used a +2 exposure compensation still it was a bit underexposed.

This time I had with me the 10.5mm f2.8 Nikon fisheye, what a good chance to use it. It served me well during the day; in fact I left it on for the most part of the visit, I kind of missed it having not used it for a long time. Is a fun lens, nobody can deny it, can it be tiring? Yes, absolutely, but used with moderation still kicks some ass. ISO 200 f11 1/250sec on a Nikon D90

No comments: